TFD: Southwest Topeka house fire started by cigarette

News

TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – Topeka Firefighters successfully put out a house fire in southwest Topeka on Tuesday afternoon.

The fire broke out just before 1:00 p.m. at a duplex located at 5409 SW 23rd St.

When firefighters arrived they found smoke and flames coming from the two-story building. They were able to keep the fire contained to the home with $25,000 of estimated structural damage.

Fire investigators determined that the fire was started accidentally by the improper disposal of smoking materials.

No one was injured in the fire, as they were able to evacuate before the fire department arrived.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories