Weekend Topeka fire causes $90,000 damage

News

Topeka Fire Department (Michael K. Dakota / KSNT)

TOPEKA (KSNT) – An electric dryer malfunction caused more than $90,000 worth of damage to a Topeka home over the weekend according to the Topeka Fire Department.

Firefighters responding to 2000 S.E. Echo Ridge Cir. in Topeka found flames and smoke coming from the single-story wood-frame home. The fire department kept the fire from spreading to any other structures.

One resident escaped the fire with non-life-threatening injuries. Firefighters searched the home and did not find anyone else. The man was taken to a Topeka hospital.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories