TAMPA, (WFLA) — Popeyes hit a road block in the chicken sandwich war Tuesday when they announced they sold out of their supremely popular chicken sandwiches.
The fast food chain released a video highlighting the success of the sandwich, showing the “sold out” signs on restaurant doors across the country.
In a shocking turn of events, Popeyes said it is temporarily suspending production of the sandwich until further notice.
Did the chicken restaurant really sell out of chicken sandwiches? Or is it a strategy to get people to download their app? The video says if you would like to be notified when the sandwich returns to your area, you can download the Popeyes mobile app.
- Shawnee County District Attorney Mike Kagay shares vision for re-election
- US study shows low risk of contracting COVID-19 while flying
- No immediate plan to stop daily COVID-19 data reports, spokesman for Florida governor says
- LIVE: Senate Democrats speak after boycotting judiciary committee vote of Amy Coney Barrett
- The Shawnee County Commission is meeting to discuss investments, coronavirus relief funds and COVID-19 health orders.