Steven Sims Jr. is one of the most accomplished wide receivers in KU history and the senior has been named to the Biletnikoff Watch list, an award that annually recognizes college football's best receiver.
"It's a great honor," said Sims. "That's definitely a goal of mine that I want to achieve, but it all starts today, every single day I've got to work hard in practice, work hard in the film room, work hard in the weight room, and rely on my teammates."
"He can stop on a dime and gets out of his breaks really well and then what he can do after he catches is also dangerous, so we love that as a unit because we like to talk about how when one man eats everybody eats," added senior wide receiver Ryan Schadler.
While Sims will go down as one of the Jayhawks all-time greats, he wants to be part of turning the program around.
"I knew that coming in that we were gonna have to eventually turn this place around and I definitely want to be a part of that. I don't want that to happen when we leave. I want it to be this year. We've worked, we grind, we put in the work, so we just gotta go out and take it," said Sims.
And Sims feel the Jayhawks have what they need to do it.
"We have a lot of seniors on this team that we haven't had before. I think we have 20 plus seniors and I feel like we're more experienced, we've learned from all of our mistakes from year's past, we've grown together as a team and I feel like it's gonna be a big year," said Sims.
Sims currently is third all-time at KU in receptions.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump military parade plans unravel over costs
- Officials investigate cause of death for Colorado...
- Manafort judge says he's received threats, won't...
- 105-year-old graduate finally gets his college diploma
- Law enforcement looking for man involved in child...