KANSAS CITY, Mo (KSNT) – New details have been released for Chiefs defensive tackle Chris Jones’ new one-year contract with the team.
According to NFL Network’s insider Ian Rapoport, Jones’ new contract he signed Monday is worth up to $25 million. The base salary of $19.5 million remains the same in his final year but has a chance to make up the fines he lost for holding out through training camp.
Here are Jones’ contract incentives, according to Rapoport:
- $1 million for 35% playing time
- $1 million for 50% playing time
- $1.25 million for 10 sacks
- Another $500K for 15 sacks
- $1 million for first-team All Pro and Super Bowl LVIII appearance
- $2 million for Defensive Player of the Year and Super Bowl LVIII win
Jones will still be a free agent after the 2023 season. He is expected to play in the Chiefs’ week two matchup with the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sept. 17.